New-Blog-JGBC Accounting|Bookkeeping|Payroll & Taxes|business advice consultancy|start up|micro and small businesses|quickbooks|quickbooks online uk|new business ideas

How Do I Pay My Taxes?

How Do I Pay My Taxes?

One of the more regular questions we get is how do I pay my taxes?

If you haven’t got a direct debit set up then the easiest way to pay is via BACs and the way to do this and details you need to do this are below for each tax type.

First of all Personal Tax

Your bill will tell you which account to pay in to. If you do not have a bill, or you’re not sure, use HMRC Cumbernauld.

Account details to use
Sort code         Account number     Account name
08 32 10          12001039                 HMRC Cumbernauld
08 32 10.         12001020                 HMRC Shipley

If your account is overseas
Bank identifier code (BIC)           Account number (IBAN)              Account name
BARCGB22                                     GB62BARC20114770297690       HMRC Cumbernauld
BARCGB22                                     GB03BARC20114783977692       HMRC Shipley

What you’ll need
You’ll need to use your 11-character payment reference when you pay. This is your 10-digit Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) followed by the letter ‘K’.

How to pay VAT

You can pay HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) by Faster Payments, CHAPS or Bacs.

Sort code       Account number     Account name
08 32 00        11963155                   HMRC VAT

Reference Number: Your VAT Number

How to pay PAYE/NI

You can make a transfer from your bank account by Faster Payments, CHAPS or Bacs.

Sort code                Account number        Account name
08 32 10                 12001039                    HMRC Cumbernauld

If your account is overseas
Account number (IBAN)             Bank identifier code (BIC)      Account name
GB62BARC20114770297690     BARCGB22                                HMRC Cumbernauld

Reference number
You’ll need to use your 13-character accounts office reference number as the payment reference. You can find this on either:

the letter HMRC sent you when you first registered as an employer.

How to pay Corporation Tax

You can pay HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) by Faster Payments, CHAPS or Bacs.

The back of your payslip, sent to you by HMRC, tells you which account to use. If you’re not sure, use Cumbernauld.

Account name                      Sort code              Account number
HMRC Cumbernauld         083210                 12001039
HMRC Shipley                     083210                 12001020

Reference number
Use your 17-character Corporation Tax payslip reference for the accounting period you’re paying.

You’ll find the payslip reference:
-on any payslip that HMRC sent you
-through your company’s HMRC online account – choose ‘View account’ then ‘Accounting period’

Always remember HMRC take unto three days to process bank payments and letters may be issued reminding you to pay before HMRC allocate the payment. If you are unsure if something is paid always call them.


Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on email

2 Responses

    1. Hello,

      Yes we can certainly have a chat about this area. We have emailed you inviting you to call us and go through your questions.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *